Featured Post

Another New Book Available: States of the Union, The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023

Mount Greylock Books LLC has published States of the Union: The History of the United States through Presidential Addresses, 1789-2023.   St...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A feminist on Hillary

(9:30 PM) Intellectually I suppose my two favorite exact contemporaries are the late Bill Strauss and Camille Paglia. The former became a close friend; all my attempts to meet the latter, who is simultaneously a celebrity and something of a recluse, have failed. (I see she is speaking at Harvard in about a month--I might go.) Her career has been quite similar to mine--she teaches in an out-of-the-way corner of academia, a professional school, even though she' s easily the leading literary critic of our whole generation. I frequently disagree with her, but the following column in Salon on Hillary and Obama is, I think, brilliant. Take a look.

No comments: